The requirements to work directly with Apple are listed below. If you do not meet all of these requirements, you can work with an Apple-approved aggregator instead. Aggregators are third parties that can help you meet technical requirements, deliver and manage your content, and assist with marketing efforts.
- A Mac running OS X 10.10 or later
- At least 512 MB RAM
- At least 20 GB of available hard drive space (more for larger catalogs) is recommended.
- A broadband internet connection with an upload rate of 1 MB/sec or faster is recommended.
- To deliver music video or concert film content to the iTunes Store, you must use an Apple-approved encoding house. Encoding houses typically charge fees for their services. Learn more about the differences between encoding houses and aggregators.
- At least 20 albums in your catalog
- UPCs/EANs/JANs for all products you intend to distribute
- ISRCs for all tracks you intend to distribute
- A U.S. Tax ID
- A valid iTunes Store account, with a credit card on file
- Apple does not pay partners until they meet payment requirements and earning thresholds in each territory. You should consider this before applying to work directly with Apple as you may receive payments faster by working with an Apple-approved aggregator.
If you meet these requirements and wish to apply, click Continue.
Note: Meeting these requirements and submitting an application does not guarantee that Apple will work directly with you. You may still be referred to an Apple-approved aggregator.